- Most ethical and legal issues in computer system are in the area of individual’s right to privacy versus the greater good of a larger entity i.e. a company or a society. For example, tracking how employees use computers, crowd surveillance, managing customer profiles, tracking a person’s travel with passport and so on. A key concept in resolving this issues is to find out, what is a person’s expectation of privacy. Classically, the ethical issues in security system are classified into following 4 categories:
- Privacy: This deals with the right of an individual to control personal information. It is the protection of personal or sensitive information. Privacy is subjective. Different people have different ideas of what privacy is and how much privacy they will trade for safety or convenience.
- Accuracy: This talks about the responsibility for the authenticity, fidelity an accuracy of the information.
- Property: This determines who the owner of the information is and who controls access.
- Accessibility: This deals with the issue of the type of information, an organization has the right to collect. And in that situation, it also expects to know the measures which will safeguard against any unforeseen eventualities.
- When dealing with legal issues, we need to remember that there is hierarchy of regulatory bodies that govern the legality of information security. The hierarchy can be roughly described as follows:
- International: e.g. International Cybercrime Treaty
- Federal: e.g. FERPA, GLB, HIPAA
- State: e.g. UCITA, SB 1386 etc.
- Organization: e.g. Computer Use policy
Chirag Deora, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, download bscit notes of Mumbai University, mumbai university tybscit practical free download, network security notes for tybscit semester 5, network security practicals, Poly alphabetic Cipher, tybscit network security notes, 0
The Poly-Alphabetic cipher is also an example of substitution cipher which uses multiple one-character keys. In the program we...
Chirag Deora, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, bscit notes, Caesor Cipher in Network Security tybscit Semester 5, download bscit notes of Mumbai University, network security notes, network security notes for tybscit semester 5, network security practicals, 0
The following example explains Caesar Cipher in Network Security and its implementation. Click here to download the PDF
Chirag Deora, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, bscit notes, download bscit notes of Mumbai University, Modified Cesar Cipher, network security notes, network security notes for tybscit semester 5, network security practicals, 0
Modified Caesar cipher is an extension to Caesar cipher. Caesar cipher is not good because it can be analyzed...
Chirag Deora, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, bscit notes for mumbai university, download bscit notes of Mumbai University, Implement RSA algorithm, network security notes, tybscit semester 5 practicals, 0
Click Here to download the PDF
Shahnuma, , Network Security, asymmetric key cryptgraphy, Difference between symmetric-key cryptography and asymmetric-key cryptography, network security notes, symmetric key cryptography, 0
Keys distribution in each technique Symmetric-key: It only needs one key to encrypt and decrypt the message. Both user...
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, network security notes, phases of a virus, phases of a virus in network security, tybscit network security phases of a virus, 0
The first stage is called Pre-trigger stage or the dormant stage. In this stage viruses lie dormant, and does...
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, Caesar Cipher, Caesar Cipher in network security, network security notes, tybscit network security Caesar Cipher, 0
Caesar cipher is substitution technique cipher In Caesar cipher we replace each alphabet with the alphabet that is actually...
Kaushik Kini, , Network Security, atul kahate notes network security, Availability, Availability in network security, network security notes, tybscit network security Availability, 0
The principle of availability states that information should be available to authorized user at all the time. Example :-...
Green Computing Book
C++ Interview Questions
- Advance Java (15)
- Advance Sql (8)
- ASP.NET with C# (16)
- Computer Graphics (3)
- Cyber Law (22)
- Digital Electronics 16-17 (2)
- Fybscit Semester 1 (1)
- FYBSCIT Semester 1 Question Bank (2)
- Fybscit Semester 2 (1)
- Imperative Programming (6)
- Linux Administration (3)
- Unit 1 (3)
- Network Security (33)
- News (40)
- Posts (1)
- Professional Communication Skills (2)
- Project (1)
- Project Management (1)
- Software Testing (1)
- Tybscit Question Papers (11)
- TYBSCIT Semester 5 Question Paper and Solution November 2017 (C75:25)
- TYBSCIT Semester 5 Exam Dates of October 2017 CBSGS 75:25 Postponed
- Tybscit Semester 5 Question Paper & Solutions November 2016 (75:25)
- FYBSCIT Semester 1 Question Paper & Solutions – October 2016 (75:25)
- FYBSCIT Semester 2 Question Paper & Solutions – March 2017