State Management is a technique in asp.net to preserve state of a control or a page in asp.net, as web pages are stateless by default.
In Asp.Net there are 2 types of state management techniques
- Client Side
- Hidden field
- View State
- Control State
- Query String
- Server Side
These types are further classified in levels.
- Control Level : Automatic state management.
- Variable or member : Stateless by default need to maintain state using any of the above techniques.
- Single or Multi Page Level : Explicitly needs to be managed.
- User Level : It is maintained at user level, until user is active.
- Application Level : Applicable for entire application, i.e. available to all users.
- A2A Level i.e. Application to Application Level : Management between 2 different application.