CLI (Common Language Infrastructure)
- CLI is Common Language Infrastructure
- It allows to run high programming language using Microsoft specifications without changing application code.
- Constraints of Hardware and Software changes are easily dealt with Common Language Infrastructure, because the application code is compiled into Intermediate Language or Known as Microsoft Intermediate Language.
- This reduces the work of code re-write.
JIT (Just – In – Time Complier)
- JIT is known as Just in Time Compiler.
- It solves the problem of installing different runtimes for different programming languages.
- It supports languages recognized by .NET Framework Common Language Runtime.
- When the application is compiled the JIT Converts the Code into MSIL i.e Microsoft Intermediate Language and then it gets converted into CPU specific code.
Types of JIT
- Pre-JIT Compiler
- Normal JIT Compiler
- Econo JIT Compiler